- Katy Perry is a Mom!
- The Pop chart-topper has given birth to a baby girl, her first with fiancé Orlando Bloom.
- Full story below…
- The news was trumpeted by Unicef, who shared the youngster’s name: Daisy Dove Bloom.
- Both the singer and her actor boo are Goodwill Ambassadors for the charity, hence their decision to announce the birth via this unique medium.
- In a statement, the couple said:
- “We are floating with love and wonder from the safe and healthy arrival of our daughter.”
“But we know we’re the lucky ones and not everyone can have a birthing experience as peaceful as ours was. Communities around the world are still experiencing a shortage of healthcare workers and every eleven seconds a pregnant woman or newborn dies, mostly from preventable causes. Since COVID-19 many more newborn lives are at risk because of the increased lack of access to water, soap, vaccines and medicines that prevent diseases. As parents to a newborn, this breaks our hearts, as we empathize with struggling parents now more than ever.⠀
As UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors, we know UNICEF is there, on the ground, doing whatever it takes to make sure every expecting mother has access to a trained health worker and access to quality healthcare. In celebration of the heart we know our daughter already has, we have set up a donation page to celebrate DDB’s arrival. By supporting them, you are supporting a safe start to life and reimagining a healthier world for every child. We hope your ♥️ can bloom with generosity.⠀